Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Yellow Organza Dress


I adore dresses. They are immensely feminine. A well-made dress drapes a woman's body in begging-to-be-touched fabrics, accentuating her curves, imbuing her with confidence.
This dress has been one of my favorites from the moment I saw it. The color, the frilled deep v-neck are playful without being inappropriate for such a formal event. The slender belt and the twisted front of the skirt makes the fabric drape beautifully across her hips and down to her feet. The fabric in the train echoes the frilled neckline and adds texture to the bottom of the dress.
Some people didn't like this dress. I'm not sure why. Too unconventional, perhaps? This dress was from a few years ago, but it has stuck in my mind. You can see the dress here on a model, but I prefer it on someone a little more curvaceous. Superb job, Vera Wang.

1 comment: